You know whoever said fishing is like dating and that it’s all catch and release until you find a keeper was not far from being right. I have been fishing for life, and it’s one of the most therapeutic things anyone can do.
I believe I speak for all fishing lovers when I say as much as my community loves to fish; we also love talking about it. Well, at least I love to talk about fishing. Let’s start with basics; successful fishing requires some essential gear.
• Rod and Real – First of all Ian Miller Fishing Rods – One of the more unique fishing rods in the world is my go-to source when it comes to rods. I would say go simple and easy on your first fishing rod and reel as long as it can bait and lure fish. You can dive deeper into exploring the different types of rods used for different fishing styles when you get the hang of it.
• Line – I get fascinated that of late, fishing lines are designed with various materials and diameters to give anglers more options. Who doesn’t like options and freedom to choose whatever works?
• Tackle – The three types of tackles you need to think of are hooks, floats, and weights. This will all make sense if you stick around longer.
• Bait or Lures – I use live baits like shiners and nightcrawlers to entice fish because I know that my target fish loves eating those. They work like a charm. Over time, I got bored with using baits only and spiced my catch by using lures. Maybe not bored, that’s not a word I like to use, but it reaches a time in fishing when all you want is a little challenge.
• Tackle box – Golfers and tennis players have their small bags just like fishing enthusiasts. My tackle box carries all the gear I need for fishing thus increasing my mobility.
First things first: before choosing between the Ian Miller fishing rods, you need to know which type of fish you intend to catch because that affects the rod action and power. If you use the right rod to catch the wrong fish, it will break without a doubt. When deciding on the suitable fishing rod for fishing getaways, I always consider:
• The kind of persons using it.
• The type of fish to be caught.
• Location of fishing: lake, ocean, fish pond or boat.
• Method of fishing.
• Time of fishing.
In my other life, I tend to be a natural when it comes to mastering new things like I have aced fishing? In all my past knowledge, experience and glory, I can assure you that this natural superpower called fishing talent can fail you if you have the wrong gear.
I got to tell you though that choosing a fishing rod is not as easy as I might make it look. See, there are so many fishing rods with publicized details that it can be overwhelming to decide. Not to worry though, with practice and my guidance, you can become your an expert with time. I bet you would like considering the following before making your first purchase:
Regardless of where my fishing escapades take me, I try to find out the kind of fish dominating the water body of my choice. Having this knowledge is powerful. Knowing the type of fish, I am targeting priory helps in researching my chances of getting a good catch.
I research on the feeding habits of different fish and get to know which specific baits and lures are favorable. The research process includes finding out where particular target fish are in plenty and about the life cycle of different fish. Such nitty-gritty details always help me to score some pretty amazing catches.
Okay, what happens now that I know the type of fish I would like to catch? The next step includes choosing the right fishing rod. Rod action is a term used to refer to how the rod behaves in different circumstances. How long is it? Does it flex a lot or a little? How long does it take after flexing to return to its original position?
A lot of the rod action and power is determined by the type of material used to make the rod. Again, it comes down to the basics. I must know my target fish, and that knowledge places me in a better position to choose the rod with an appropriate rod taper and length to handle the fish.
Owning a unique fishing rod comes down to the type of material used to design the rod. Ian Miller fishing rods, for instance, are my number one recommendation. The rods feature exquisite detail in their construction. Fortunately, materials for producing rods have diversified over time. They range from carbon, graphite, fiberglass and composite materials. The type of material used determines the overall rod action.
I know that you can only scratch your back up to where you can. Money is another fundamental determiner of the kind of rod that you can get. I wanted to venture into fishing for life so badly that I saved for months only so that I could get a unique fishing rod. If you intend on fishing for the long-term, invest in a good rod once and for all. If you are in it for the short-term, then buy what you can afford or stick to hiring high-quality equipment.
Below are some of my favorite fish catches, and most of them are what you are likely to catch:
If there’s one thing my fishing experience has taught me is that as much as fishing is a fun activity, the kind of gear I use is instrumental in determining whether I make a catch or not. The following are different categories of fishing rods from which you must choose:
Always remember that you get what you pay for. With Ian Miller fishing rods you’ll get a quality, unique fishing rod.
Fishing is my go-to therapeutic activity. The better you treat and maintain your rod, the better it will perform in catching fish for you.
If you have any questions feel free to leave them and I will respond.
Wild River Tackle Backpack | Special LED System Included
Ugly Stic Tackle Bag – The Perfect Tackle Bag For Kayak Fishing
Piscifun Fishing Line Winder – Spooling Made Easy!
American Angler Electric Fillet Knife – The Last Fillet Knife You’ll Ever Need!
Clam Ice Fishing Clothing – Beat The Cold In Clam
Ice Fishing Supplies – Don’t Get Caught With Your Pants Down
Mr. Heater Triple Tank Top – It’s Like Ice Fishing In Paradise
Oakley Polarized Fishing Sunglasses – A Clear Way To Better Fishing
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.