Product: Dyna-Glo Vertical Offset Smoker
Cheapest Place To Buy: Amazon.com
Product Dimensions & Weight: 47.03″ x 34.53″ x 20.2″; 57 Pounds
Warranty: 1-year Materials and Workmanship
My Rating: 9.1 out of 10
Don’t you just love the taste of smoked fish or meat? I know I do and you can smoke fish and meat yourself at home if you have the right smoker to do it with.
Today I’m reviewing the Dyna Glo vertical offset smoker. This smoker is heated with charcoal from a side compartment which is the offset of the smoker.
Dyna Glo is a trusted brand of smoker that’s known for its durability with its well-built structure.
Heavy Duty Construction
The Dyna Glo has a heavy gauge steel wood chip box that is porcelain enameled for extra strength and keeps the steel from rusting. The body is made of heavy-duty steel and has a high-temperature powder coat finish.
The powder coat keeps the metal durable so that it will last a long time. All that heat puts a heavy strain on the metal so a good high temp powder coat is essential for long life.
Packed With Features
- This charcoal smoker comes with double steel doors. One side you put your meat or fish on the other side you put your charcoal and flavored wood chips of your choice. It comes with chrome-plated steel wire adjustable cooking grates.
- You can smoke up to 150 pounds of fish or meat with its 15,000 BTU’s cast iron burner. It lights quickly with its electronic pulse ignition system.
- The double doors work well when you need to add wood chips to the burning process. You don’t have to open up the smoker door to add chips you open up the door that holds the charcoal and wood chips. This minimizes the loss of heat from the meat or fish you are smoking.
- The indirect heating process keeps the bottom racks of meat or fish from overcooking which usually happens when you smoke with direct heat.
- Two heavy lifting handles
- Adjustable flue on the steel smokestack
- Condensation and grease management system helps keeps the Dyna Glo vertical offset smoker from rusting prematurely.
- 784 Square inches of the smoking area.
Dyna Glo Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker Specifications and Dimensions
The smoker has a one-year warranty. It’s heated with charcoal and is made of steel construction. The smoker is 47.03” high by 34.53” wide and 20.2” deep and weighs 57lbs; that’s very light for a smoker of this size and is a good thing if you need to move it around from place to place or carry it up and down the steps on your deck.
- Indirect Heat Source
- 15,000 BTU cast iron burner
- 784 Square inches of the smoking area
- Smoke up to 150 pounds of meat or fish
- Durable heavy-gauge steel construction
- One year warranty
- An electronic pulse ignition system for quick lighting
- Affordable price
- Smoke loss because of connected compartments
- Slight heat loss because of connected compartments
- Expert assembly recommended
- Small drip pan
Remedy For The Cons
There are a few downfalls the main ones would be the assembly of the product could be quite tricky but they do sell special instructions that can be added on with your purchase of the Dyna Glo vertical offset smoker.
The smoke and heat loss that you get is minimal. What you can do to help fix that problem is put cinder blocks underneath where the connected compartments meet. This will help give the smoker some support to keep it aligned so the smoke and heat don’t escape there.
The other little issue the smoker has is that it comes with a small drip pan. You can remedy this by replacing it with one of those throwaway aluminum pans that you can buy at any grocery store and place it on the bottom shelf of the smoker under where the meat sits.
All in all, this is a great smoker that I would recommend for smoking your own fish and meat at home. It’s a good smoker for the price and will last you for years to come with it’s cast iron construction.
What I really like about this product is the indirect heat source which lets you cook the meat or fish slowly and your bottom tray of meat will cook at the same rate that the top tray of meat will. You can even put in a tray of veggies to smoke. My mouth is starting to water just thinking about it!
You also have plenty of room to cook a lot of meat in this thing; 784 square inches of space and up to 150 pounds of meat or fish can be slow-cooked in this smoker. Now that’s an amazing amount of food if you ask me!
If you need some ideas on recipes for the brines you can prepare your fish or meat with I have an article on that. Click here for three brine recipes. These recipes are great for fish, especially trout.
So if you are up to the task of smoking your own meat I would recommend getting the Dyna Glo Vertical to offset smoker. I can taste it now!
If you have any questions or comments please leave them below.